- Any light to medium cotton yarn
- Knifty Knitter yellow round loom
- Duct tape
- 32-34" (82-86cm) heavy gauge wire (a wire coat hanger works well) or craft wire
- Using pliers, form the wire into a circle, overlapping ends by about 1" (2.5 cm)
- Wrap the wire ends with duct tape to secure
- Cast on and e-wrap round
- Optional: from the second row, knit using two strands for the duration of the brim to hide the wire.
- When the brim is long enough to extend underneath the loom even when folded double, create the brim, folding in the wire and hiding it inside the brim.
- Continue knitting in the round until your hat has the desired height.
- Bind off using the gathered method.
- Shape the hat by weaving a ribbon or band around the "head" part.